There are 2 major types of laminating fabrics at TDF, TPU fabric(thermoplastic polyurethane fabric) and PVC fabric(polyvinylchloride fabric); both of them have exceptional performance in the properties of waterproofness, high laminating fastness, tensile strength, anti-tearing, and anti-peeling.
Depending on client requirements, as a professional thermoplastic polyurethane fabric supplier, we are able to provide laminating fabrics with exceptional performance in extreme environmental conditions such as resistance to low temperatures, hydrolysis, bacteria, bending, and wear. If you have any questions about TPU fabric from TDF industrial fabrics manufacturers, please feel free to contact us at any time!
Characteristics of TPU:
- Exceptional performance against wear, tearing, and bending
- Resistance against hydrolysis and bacteria
- Effective flame retardant and oil resistance
- Resistance against low temperatures: below -30℃
- The micropores within TPU are not easily blocked by cleaning agents, sweat, or salt
- Free of plasticizers
- Simple molecular structure means the material can be categorized as eco-friendly and has no issues with air pollution when incinerated
- Biodegradeablel, naturally decomposes in 3-5 years
- Categorized by ether or ester based fabrics
|Hydrolysis Resistance||Ether < Ester|
|Tear Resistance||Ether > Ester|
|Tensile Strength||Ether > Ester|
|Abrasion Resistant||Ether > Ester|
|Chemical Resistance||Ether > Ester|
|Cold-Resistant||Ether < Ester|
|Transparent||Ether > Ester|
|Antibacterial||Ether < Ester|
Characteristics of PVC:
- Creases easily
- Flame retardant
- High translucency
- Good resistance
- Good printability
- Chemical resistant
|Property||TPU and PVC Comparison|
|Yellow Change||PVC > TPU|
|Specific Gravity||PVC > TPU|
|Heat & H.F. Welding||PVC < TPU|
|Cost||PVC < TPU|
|Eco-friendly||PVC < TPU|
|Cold-Resistant||PVC < TPU|
|Abrasion Resistant||PVC < TPU|
|Oil Resistant||PVC < TPU|
|Anti-Aging||PVC < TPU|
TDF is also used to produce Trapaulin, a product with high laminating fastness. Nylon or polyester fabrics (250D-1000D) are laminated with TPU or PVC to give the fabrics high tear-resistance and tensile strength.
|Mesh layer||Polyester||250D – 1000D|
|Nylon||210D – 840D|
|Laminated layers||TPU or PVC|
PVC and TPU laminating fabrics are suitable for:
- Awnings, Advertising Banner. Aprons
- Backpack, Barrier Cloth, Boat Covers, Blood Pressure Cuffs
- Camping Mattress
- Diving Suits, Dry Bags.
- Inflatable vest and Boats, Balloon.
- Life vests and Rafts.
- Raincoat, Shower Curtain.
- Seam Sealing Tape
- Tarpaulin, Trolley